Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Leeds imam failed to tell £1m disabled wife that he'd married second woman

A MUSLIM teacher divorced his severely disabled wife without her knowing so he could keep access to her £1m compensation, Leeds Crown Court heard.

Khalil Kazi, believed to be a former imam at Armley jail and in Batley Carr, married again under Islamic law in Morocco while his original wife, Meimuna, thought she was still married, the jury was told. Mrs Kazi only learned her marriage had been dissolved when she applied for a divorce.
Prosecuting David Hall said that Kazi, 39, of Batley Carr, had falsified divorce papers and perjured himself by falsely swearing a witness statement for a grant of divorce.
His plot collapsed after four years, in 2006, Mr Hall said, when Mrs Kazi visited Dewsbury County Court in March 2006 to apply for a decree of judicial separation.
Giving evidence wearing a veil, wheelchair user Mrs Kazi told the court how she reacted when she was told there was already a divorce in place.She said: "My solicitor went to speak to Mr Kazi's solicitor and she came back with the shocking news that I was already divorced... I was very shocked. I trusted my husband and I never expected he would do this to me."
She added: "I felt very guilty he had lived with me for one year living in adultery.
Read it all:
This is the type of behavior the religion of peace allows for men. You can bet his new wife is an illiterate teenager or younger.

No comments: