Saturday, April 11, 2009

$350K Awarded fo Muslim Girl For Bullying Update

I did some research into this. It did not take long to find out that CAIR was involved in this.

The other thing that I found interesteding was what was said in ING.ORG:

A few minutes before the bell rang to end the lunch period, Laila, a Muslim student who wears a hijab, the head scarf worn by many Muslim women, says she noticed a boy, whom she recognized but did not know, approaching them. "He walked right over to us," Laila says. "There were a lot of people standing around. He got real close, and then he just started screaming at me:

'"Her father is bin Laden! She's going to blow up the school, she's going to blow it up! She has a bomb under her sweater! Everybody run, this jihad girl is going to kill us!'"

Laila says the boy and his two friends doubled over, laughing. Other students walked quickly as they passed. "I was so mad, just so embarrassed. I wanted to spit in his face," Laila says. Laila, who is 17 and recently graduated, says she faced this kind of harassment and discrimination at school many times over the last four years. But the bin Laden incident stuck with her because so many people witnessed it, both students and teachers, and no one did or said anything about it.

"I had math after lunch, and I told my teacher what happened," Laila says. "My teacher said she had heard the whole thing. And then she said I shouldn't make a big deal out of it. 'He has the right to express his opinions,'" Laila remembers her saying.

Laila told her teacher that she didn't think that was fair. "She told me that my people had caused a lot of problems in the world, and that I should understand if people were frustrated with me," Laila says.

This is not a death threat in anyway, it is taunting. This happens in school. I know I was on the receiving end many times. Was it handled correctly? NO. But what the teach said is true. The kid has a right to his opinions and the teachers comment was true, though not politically correct.

The previous post tells us that she could not give a description and that they could not find a perpetrator of the "death threat". Well the above quote is very much different.

No comments: